Dynasonics ultrasonic doppler and transit time flowmeters from Badger Meter provide solutions for different fluid properties.
When wastewater applications require precise measurement, the Dynasonics® TFX-5000 Ultrasonic clamp-on flow meter from Badger Meter is a suitable choice. This meter accurately measures the volumetric flow of clean liquids and those with small amounts of suspended solids or aeration, such as surface water or raw sewage.
The TFX-5000 meter is commonly selected for these water and wastewater applications:
- Cost effective: The TFX-5000 meter handles a wide range of pipe sizes and features a clamp-on design, which reduces installation costs by eliminating the need for cranes or other lifting equipment.
- Reliable: Monitoring flow throughout the wastewater collection systems allows the operator to make adjustments before sewage enters the treatment plant. The TFX-5000 meter can operate in raw sewage with up to 3% suspended solids.
- Robust: With submersible transducers and Class I, Division 2 hazardous location options, the TFX-5000 meter withstands the rigors of this environment.
Booster Pump Stations
- Non-intrusive: With its non-intrusive configuration, the TFX-5000 meter can be put into service without shutting down the process or cutting into existing piping.
- Data-driven: The TFX-5000 meter offers built-in data-logging services and has a wide range of connectivity options, including Modbus® RTU, EtherNet/IP and Modbus TCP/IP.
- Rugged: This meter has a sturdy aluminum enclosure for a long service life under the harshest conditions.
- Versatile: Monitoring flow in large diameter pipes is often expensive. The TFX-5000 meter has a wide, bi-directional flow measuring range and no pressure head loss.
- Connectivity: Users can pair the TFX-5000 meter with the AquaCUE® Flow Measurement Manager cloud-based software to provide flow data for consumption analysis, leak detection and other purposes. The meter also interfaces with SCADA systems for real-time flow balancing.
- Non-contact: The TFX-5000 meter meets requirements for lead content in potable water plumbing products by never coming into contact with the water.
Editor's Note: Scranton Gillette Communications and the SGC Water Group are not liable for the accuracy, efficacy and validity of the claims made in this piece. The views expressed in this content do not reflect the position of the editorial teams of Water & Wastes Digest, Water Quality Products and Storm Water Solutions.